|Back to Back Issues Page|
Holistic Warehouse News, Issue #001 -- Detox Your Body
April 15, 2009
Natural Body Detox, Revive Holistically
Welcome to Holistic Warehouse newsletter with a special spring natural body detox focus.
Spring is in the air with its positive and uplifting energy. After the spring Equinox there is an energetic shift that affects us all physically.
After long winter days spring really is the best time to detox your body, get rid of build up toxins that accumulated during cold months, and rejuvenate body and mind.
Detox is not a modern lifestyle, it is an ancient health ritual carried out through centuries. Because of its direct positive impact on health detoxing makes perfect sense.
You can expect following benefits:
• Eliminate toxins
• Balance mood
• Improve sleep
• Allergy relief
• Shed weight
• Clear skin and complexion
In This Section• 7 easy ways to energize yourself
• Natural Detox Supplements
Detoxing is not just about cutting out certain food from your diet. Think holistically, whole. Natural body detox also involves decluttering mind, getting rid of negative thoughts, spring cleaning house.
If you can’t face long detox, don’t just ignore the idea. You can still make positive changes to your mood and health by adopting easy detoxifying steps. Try 7 easy ways to energize yourself
1. Detox your HomeYes. Environment you live in matters. Look around your room, inside the wardrobes. Do you see some cloth you have been hoping to wear one day, or pile of papers?
Sort out those. Give away staff, don’t hold unwanted items, they are doing nothing but blocking energy.
2. Detox your mind - MeditateTake time to sit quiet every day, even as little as 5 minutes. Choose time when it is peaceful, ideally early in the morning or before going to bed. Observe your thoughts and let go of those that no longer serve, maybe anger, worries.
3. Detox your skin – Brush the skinSkin brushing is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse the lymphatic system. Waste material is carried away from the cells by the blood and the lymph. Skin brushing stimulates the release of this material from the cells near the surface of the body.
Dry skin brushing gently and effectively removes the top layer of dead skin cells with its build-up of dirt and acid, and deeply cleanses the pores.
4. We really are what we eat.Be mindful of what you consume. Stock up on fresh fruit and vegetables. Go for seasonal food. Drink plenty of water and replace coffee with herbal tea. Eliminate heavily digestible food from your diet, such as meat, cheese, fried and processed food.
5. Breath to detoxBreathing technique helps to remove waste products such as carbon dioxide and pollution from the lungs. It also helps to create mental clarity and alertness.
Try this. Sit comfortably, inhale deeply feeling lungs with air. Exile firmly through the nose using diaphragm to push the air out of the lungs. Repeat three times.
6. Twist to detoxTwists nourish internal organs, such as pancreas, kidneys, stomach, small intestines, liver and gall bladder relieves associated disorders and rejuvenates the tissues generally.
Try this spinal twist.
Sit on the floor, or mat. Bend right leg. Cross right foot over left leg, and place it on the floor by the outside of your left knee. Keeping arm straight, put right hand flat on the floor behind your back. Raise left arm straight up. Lower left arm, bringing it outside bent knee, then grasp your right ankle. Hold for at least 30 seconds. Repeat, twisting the other way.
7. Look after your colon health.The basic idea of natural treatment is to cleanse the body because toxins in the body are the main cause of disease. Accumulated toxins allow blood to get poisoned and create conditions for germs to breed.
Do enema. It is a process of leaning the large intestine by flushing it with water. Hippocrates, the farther of medicine said that enema is better than laxative herbs or medicine.
Remember it is a good idea to consult a doctor before you try to make drastic changes and absolutely must consult if you have certain health issues. Detox Supplements.
Detox Aid and SupplementsIn a world where we only eat and drink organic and raw produce, breath fresh air and there are no cars and pollution, we would not need any supplements, but in this less than perfect world, it makes sense to aid our health through carefully selected supplements.
Check them out yourself.
Don't forget to check Useful Links Page by Clicking Here
Have comments? ideas? want to share your side of story? I'd love to hear from you! Simply reply to this e-zine what you think!
See you next month!
For Your Health
|Back to Back Issues Page|